- Pick 12 books – one for each month of the year - that you’ve been wanting to read (that have been on your “To Be Read” list) for 6 months or longer, but haven’t gotten around to.
* you should have a list posted somewhere for others to see
* you CANNOT change your list after January 1st, of the current year!!!
* you can create an Alternates list of MAXIMUM 12 books, if you want, in order to have options to choose from (you can read these in place of books on your original list).
* audiobooks and e-books ARE allowed
* re-reads are NOT allowed, as they aren’t TRUE “TBRs”
* you CAN overlap with other challenges
* OPTIONAL: you can join the Yahoo! Group created for participants of the TBR Challenge, if you want to have a place to keep your list, or just to share with others about how you’re doing!
** OPTIONAL: Create a list of 12 “Alternates” (books you could substitute for your challenge books, given that a particular one doesn’t grab you at the time)
** Then, starting January 1, read one of these books from your list each month, ending December 31.
By the end of the year you should’ve knocked 12 books off of your TBR list!
I plan to read:
- THE ADAMS-JEFFERSON CHRONICLES: The Complete Correspondence Between Thomas Jefferson and Abigail and John Adams
- WHAT LOOKS LIKE CRAZY ON AN ORDINARY DAY by Pearl Cleage
- MARY, CALLED MAGDALENE by Margaret George
- SPYING IN HIGH HEELS by Gemma Halliday
- MAGIC HOUR by Kristin Hannah
- I DREAMED I MARRIED PERRY MASON by Susan Kandel
- DON'T TELL by Karen Rose
- HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS by J.K. Rowling
- UP ISLAND by Anne Rivers Siddons
- A THOUSAND ACRES by Jane Smiley
- QUITE A YEAR FOR PLUMS by Bailey White
- FLAMINGO DINER by Sheryl Woods
- KISS RIVER by Diane Chamberlain
- MRS. LINCOLN, A LIFE by Catherine Clinton
- THE MAGIC OF ORDINARY DAYS by Ann Howard Creel
- FLORIDA ROADKILL by Tim Dorsey
- MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION by Lloyd C. Douglas
- ANGEL FLYING TOO CLOSE TO THE GROUND by Annie Garrett
- SARAH: A NOVEL by Marek Halter
- FIVE WOMEN by Rona Jaffe
- ANGRY HOUSEWIVES EATING BONBONS by Lorna Landvik
- CHIN UP, HONEY by Curtiss Ann Matlock
- THE HEART IS A LONELY HUNTER by Carson McCullers
- THE BEACH HOUSE by Mary Alice Monroe
from the blog On My Mind Today