Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Easy, Quick Ideas for Halloween

It's almost Halloween and I've been out of town so I haven't even thought about decorating for the season. That's a shame because decorating for holidays has always been one of my favorite things to do. I'm having to content myself this year with clicking around on the Internet and saving ideas for next year.


Here are a few of my favorites.


Source
Look at these cute little guys. A few small pumpkins, some pipe cleaners and a votive candle or two and you're in business. I'm not sure I'd put them on the floor, especially with pets or small children around, but they'd also be great either clustered in small groups or alone as centerpieces.

If you had a big enough mantle over your fireplace, they'd also look great there.


Speaking of fireplace mantles, I also love this idea:



Source
It's a very different theme, so I can't see the pumpkin spiders on the same
mantle with the pictures, but this is very creepy and haunting, don't you think? Some inexpensive black frames, a few pictures printed out from historical sites or family genealogy, a smattering of candles, and a little cotton batting and you're in business.

Here's another relatively easy and inexpensive decoration if you have a sidewalk or garden path, or even a patio you'd like to surround with cheerful Halloween faces. Hang the carved jack-o'-lanterns from shepherd's hooks using hangers made out of heavy-gauge wire (easy to find.) Use battery-powered candles to keep the pumpkins lit without risk of fire.



Source


Tell me these little guys aren't cute! Use plastic-foam balls in different sizes and draw pupils using a permanent marker. Use a toothpick or stick to hold eyes together and attach pairs of eyes to a bench or fence or any other dark-colored background. I'm visualizing them on the shelves of a bookcase. 
Doesn't that make the porch look warm and inviting?

Source

Last, but certainly not least:




Doesn't that make the porch look warm and inviting? I sure think so. 

Ahhh, well, I won't be doing any of these things this year. Maybe next October

No comments: