Tuesday, March 01, 2011

The Return of Some Old Favorites

I'm very excited to learn that Harlequin wants to reissue a third book from my backlist as part of its Heartwarming miniseries project. They'll be reissuing some favorite romances by several authors--books that aren't necessarily inspirational, but that celebrate traditional values and true love. 

I think this is a great idea since I frequently hear from readers who don't like a lot of sex in their romances. They love reading romance. They believe in the healing power of love and celebrate romantic love, but they wonder why there aren't more books available that might appeal to them. For the past few years, it seems that the only way to avoid lots of graphic sex in your romance is to read books from the inspirational category. But many readers have been wanting something in between and the books Harlequin is reissuing in its Heartwarming miniseries should fill that need.

And who knows? If the response is strong enough, maybe they'll even decide to publish new books for this reading demographic. If you're a reader looking for great romances without graphic content, give the books being reissued as Harlequin Heartwarming a try.You might just influence their future publishing decisions.


The first reissue from my bookshelves is titled NEW YEAR, NEW LOVE (the book formerly known as "A Man for Mom.") I don't have permission from HQ to use the artwork on my website yet so click on the link to check out the cover. I love it! It's going out to subscribers in March (almost, like, now!) and will be available in WalMart and other retail locations in May.

The second book is titled PICTURE PERFECT. No artwork yet, but I'll share that as soon as I can. It will be mailed to subscribers in May and available via retail locations in July.

And just yesterday I got the news that they'd like to include THE CHRISTMAS WIFE in the lineup. It will get a new title and a little updating and be available in time for Christmas. I'll keep you posted with more details as they're available.

Three of my favorite books from my backlist. Three reader favorites getting new life. I couldn't be more pleased! I hope you are too.

No comments: