Tuesday, January 04, 2011

100 Books I Want to Read: #1 The Adams-Jefferson Letters

I’ve decided to compile a list of 100 books I’d like to read—or read again. This isn’t something I’m going to do quickly. No, I’m going to take my time and think about it. I’m going to take somewhere around 100 days to pull this list together. Maybe even a bit longer. I’m going to require myself to have a good reason for putting the book on my list, but I’m going to cut myself some slack by allowing me to be the sole judge about what constitutes a “good reason.” 

Recently, I signed up to participate in the 2011 To-Be-Read Pile Challenge hosted by Roof Beam Reader so I’ll begin with the first book on that list: 

imageTHE ADAMS-JEFFERSON LETTERS: The Complete Correspondence Between Thomas Jefferson and Abigail and John Adams by John Adams, Lester J. Cappon
I’m a little obsessed with John Adams. I’ll admit it. My interestimage in our much unappreciated second president began when I read THOSE WHO LOVE by Irving Stone many years ago. After reading JOHN ADAMS by David McCullough a few years ago, my interest took another leap. imageMcCullough’s book made me want to become a better person. My daughter gave me THE ADAMS-JEFFERSON LETTERS a year or two after I finished JOHN ADAMS, and my goal is to read it this year.

No comments: