Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Question

I’ve really been meaning to blog more, but I never seem to have anything to say. There are at least a million blogs out there about writing, so what would one more mean? And does anybody really want to hear about unpacking boxes and trying to find places for all that little bitty stuff that doesn’t really go anywhere?

So in an effort to jog my blogging muscles, I searched for Memes and found this question:  

When traveling for pleasure, who do you prefer as your travel partner? Does it depend on the length of the trip and where you are going?

The website had a poll going and listed a few choices of potential preferred traveling partners:

  • Spouse/Significant Other
  • Myself
  • Friend
  • Family
  • Coworker (????? are they serious?)
  • and, of course, the all-encompassing “Other”

So who do I pick when I’m traveling for pleasure? My daughters, hands down. They know me. I know them. All three of us love a good road trip. We almost always agree about how often to stop, which sights are worth seeing, and where to eat. If we get lost, we consider it an adventure, and nobody’s so wedded to any silly timetable that we don’t have time to be spontaneous.

Just answering this question has put me in the mood for a road trip!

So how about you? Who is your preferred traveling companion if you’re traveling for pleasure?

No comments: