It's that time again! Registration is open for March's workshop on creating compelling characters. March 2 - 27, 2009
Registration Fee: $40
CREATING COMPELLING CHARACTERS: From hero and heroine to protagonist and antagonist, from main characters to sidekicks and walk-ons, you'll learn the art and craft of breathing life into the people who walk the pages of your manuscript. Learn how to discover your characters' motivations and conflicts, and how to add those little touches that take characters from ordinary to extraordinary.
In this workshop you'll learn:Copyright © 2009 Sherry Lewis
- How to discover what moves your characters
- How to learn what your characters value
- How to identify the conflicts your characters face
- How to conduct character interviews
- How to see the world through your characters' eyes so you can adequately portray that on the page.
- How to create a strong, interesting character arc