Friday, October 12, 2007

Sweating with Sven

I'm not sure if I'm doing a smart thing or a dumb thing, but I've signed up to participate in the 70 Days of Sweat with Sven Challenge beginning on Monday, October 15. I have two deadlines coming up, and lately I've been needing a swift kick in the seat of the pants to get me started every day, so I'm hoping that this will do the trick. I'll be posting here as the challenge continues, talking about my progress or lamenting my lack thereof. One of the reasons I think this challenge will work for me is that it takes place from October 15 to January 15 -- a total of 93 days. The challenge takes place over 70 days, which means I can take 23 days off to meet my own schedule over the holidays. Since I have to travel twice in that time period, once to Chicago for training, and once in November for a Board meeting, having time built in for days off will keep me from feeling as if I've "blown" it if I can't write every day. If you're a writer looking for a swift kick in the seat of the pants, check out the Challenge!

No comments: