Monday, October 15, 2007

The 70 Days Begins - Day 1

Okay, so it's Monday the 15th and it's time to start the 70 Days of Sweat with Sven challenge! I've committed to writing somewhere between 750 to 1500 words every day for 70 days between now and January 15th. That's roughly 3 to 6 pages, which doesn't sound like much, really. In fact, it isn't much when the work's going well. But that's the key, isn't it? When the work's going well ... I've been having some trouble connecting with the heroine of my current work in progress. I know the hero, Michael, really well. My trouble is in finding just the right woman for him to tall in love with. Up until now, every incarnation of her has been kind of wimpy and uninteresting. She's starting to take shape in my head now, and I'm digging deeper and deeper into her psyche, trying to find that place where she and I connect so I can really feel her as I write her character. Maybe today I'll try writing her scenes in first person instead of third. That sometimes helps me connect with the people I'm writing about. I really hope it does because this book is due really soon and I have revisions waiting on another book that are due in mid-November.
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
16,676 / 70,000 (23.8%)
I'll check back in later to report my progress! Later .... I have play tickets tonight, so I have to be finished for the day. Lots of phone calls for RWA things ate up some of my writing time, but I did make some progress. Better than the word count is the fact that I felt myself connecting to my heroine ... finally.
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
17,128 / 70,000 (24.5%)

No comments: