Thursday, July 13, 2006

Atlanta, Here We Come!

It's hard to believe that it's that time of year again. The Romance Writers of America annual conference is just a little more than a week away. Well, okay, almost two weeks, but since I'm on the Board of Directors and we have board meeting before the conference, I'm already on the final count-down. And there's so much still to do! I'm still struggling to get this proposal off my desk and onto my editor's. I've gone round and round and round with the story until I'm cross-eyed, but I think I finally have it. A few tweaks on the synopsis tomorrow, and it's out of here! It has to be. A few weeks ago, I tore my office apart, intending to reorganize everything and make it a lovely, peaceful, inviting place to work. That was before Vanessa came home with the news that she wanted to get married in three weeks. Guess whose office is still not lovely, peaceful, inviting place to work. There's the Board Meeting agenda to read and motions to research, laundry to do and outfits to plan (so I can completely ignore the plan and wear what I feel like wearing once I get there). Yeah, it's silly, but I still make the list. If I don't, I forget things like my hairbrush and nightgown. I'm not buying any new clothes this year. The wedding wiped me out, and besides, I've decided it really doesn't matter. There are too many other things in life to obsess about, and nobody really pays attention, anyway. I'm not even going to talk about the kitchen sink (presently clogged) or the pile of dishes that need to be washed once I can run water in the kitchen again. That's a subject that's just way too depressing. On another note entirely, does anyone have problems with pop-ups on your computer when you come to this site? Even with my pop-up blocker, they pound me while I'm writing blog entries, so if you're all having problems, I'll switch to another site. It's driving me so crazy, I might anyway -- but don't worry. I'll be sure to leave a trail of bread crumbs if I do Bubblegum