Monday, January 19, 2015

A Song in my Head

Have you ever woken up in the morning with a song in your head? It happens to me every once in a while, and usually the songs make sense -- at least a sort of sense. It might be a song I heard on the radio recently, or a song from my childhood, or even a song from church that's just there on my mental playlist first thing in the morning.

The other day, however, I woke up with a song in my head that makes absolutely no sense to be. It was "Bye, Bye Baby" from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, that old classic movie starring Jane Russell and Marilyn Monroe. I caught myself humming along as I wandered from my bedroom to the kitchen. I was still singing it when my daughter left for work and it was still in my head as I sat down to write.

I will admit that the movie is one of my old favorites, but I haven't watched it in quite a while. If I had to choose a favorite song from the movie, it would probably be, "Is There Anyone There for Love" and I'd choose that one only because one of the Olympic athlete character keeps his butt up in the air when everyone else's is down. Makes me giggle every time.

That said, I have no idea why this particular song chose to keep me company, or what it means that it did, but I figure I shouldn't be the only person to experience the joy. So for your listening pleasure, I present Miss Jane Russell and Miss Marilyn Monroe.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

stanalei said...

The song stuck in my head is Somewhere My Love from Doctor Zhivago. Love the song, but I keep mixing up the lyrics when I mentally sing it.
Fun post, Sherry!