Thursday, February 24, 2011

100 Books: #16 The Poet

Michael Connelly's The Poet hits my list of books I want to read at #16. Yes, it's been out for a long, long time. Yes, I should have read it before now. I haven't, and that's why it's on my list. 

I really like Michael Connelly's books. Harry Bosch is one of my all-time favorite characters, so I'm interested to see whether I'll enjoy spending time in Jack McEvoy's head. It doesn't always happen, you know. Sometimes you find an author and a character that just click. You like them both so well, you rush to buy that new series, only to discover that it doesn't click at all. I'm hoping that's not the case with Michael and Jack.

This series does have something else going for it. According to the blurbs I've read, Jack is a Denver Post crime beat reporter. I've never lived in Denver, but my parents lived there for over 20 years, so jumping into this book should feel a little like going home.

Have any of you read it? What did you think? 

No comments: