Thursday, June 10, 2010

2010 TBR Challenge - Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons

Finally, I read this book that everyone has been telling me I should read for years now. My own book club read it a while ago (years, maybe. I've lost track) but I wasn't able to attend that month and was probably in deadline hell, so didn't get to read it then, either.

It's not often that I share my opinions of books with the world at large because it's all so subjective. What I love, you may hate and I don't like subjecting others to my opinion when they've expressed no interest in that opinion. But I'm making an exception to my rule with this book because I absolutely loved it. I'm not entirely sure why, and I don't want to ruin my experience of the book by trying to analyze it. I spend way too much time analyzing writing these days, and it's rare that I get to just read and enjoy. Much as I love writing my own books, I mourn the loss of my ability to read for pleasure like I once did. But this book was just that. Pleasure. I didn't analyze. I didn't rewrite passages in my head. I didn't think about what I would have done differently with the characters or question motivation. I just enjoyed. Thank you Lorna Landvik! This one goes on my keeper shelf.

_______________________________ from the blog On My Mind Today

1 comment:

Monika said...

I loved it too! Made me laugh out loud a number of times!