Saturday, September 19, 2009

They Call Me Mad Charity Cash



Avast me hearties, it's National Talk Like a Pirate Day

I don't know why this day delights me so much. It's not as if I run around every September 19th dressed like a pirate. It's not as if I spend all day saying things like "Avest ye!" or "Aye Matey," or even "Arr!" I don't think I've ever used "Ahoy!" in conversation or called someone else a bilge rat, even on ITLAPD.

It's not as if I spend the day plundering and pillaging or scuttling nearby ships. Or swaggering. Or clenching a dagger in my teeth. I don't even use any of the prepared pick-up lines provided (handily) on the ITLAPD website -- although I'll admit that I'm tempted to use #5 for pirate ladies. What true pirate among ye could resist "Aye, I guarantee ye, I've had a twenty percent decrease in my 'lice ratio!'?"

For some reason, the concept of an entire day devoted to utter silliness is almost impossible for me to resist.  So batten down your hatches and hoist yerselves on over to the International Talk Like A Pirate Day website. If nothing else, prepare to be amused by the idea of pirate talk in Mandarin Chinese.

If that doesn't tempt you, maybe this will: 




And who can resist the chance to get your own pirate name?  Oh yeah.


My pirate name is:
Mad Charity Cash





Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. You're musical, and you've got a certain style if not flair. You'll do just fine. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network
_______________________________
from the blog On My Mind Today


No comments: