Thirteen Things I Like About Christmas
1. Decorations. Lights, Santas, snowmen, reindeer, trees, candles, bows, wreaths ... I love them all. The more, the merrier. 2. Christmas movies. And yes, I even like the sappy ones. I have a bunch of movies on my "must watch" list every holiday season:
- White Christmas with Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney, and Danny Kaye. My daughters and I can sing every song in harmony and recite most of the dialogue
- A Christmas Story, with Darren McGavin as the dad. A classic.
- The Santa Clause. I have all three of the movies in this series, but the first one is still my favorite.
- Jingle all the Way. I don't know why this one appeals to me so much, but it's just not Christmas until I've seen Arnold and Sinbad battling over an action figure and heard Arnold say "It's Tyurbo Time!"
- Noel. I discovered this movie a couple of years ago, and quickly added it to my list.
- Christmas in Connecticut, both the Barbara Stanwyck and Dyan Cannon versions.
- At least one version of A Christmas Carol. I think the George C. Scott version is my favorite, but I've been known to substitute Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck on occasion.
- New this year: Fred Claus. I laughed until I nearly wet my pants.