Thirteen TV Shows I Loved as a Kid
1. Here Come the Brides. I've blogged about this one before because I was so excited to find season one on Netflix. I had the biggest crush on Robert Brown who played Jason Bolt.
3. Bewitched. I'm still half convinced that if I could just twitch my nose the right way, I could actually perform magic. In fact, I'm so convinced, I'm not going to clean my house again until I can actually make it work.4. That Girl. Oh, the excitement! Living on her own in New York! It almost left me breathless. Some day, I swore, I'd be Ann Marie. I still haven't made it.
5. Rawhide. Was there anyone cooler anywhere than Rowdy Yates?
6. The Red Skelton Show. I loved the idea of making people laugh without uttering a word, and Red was the best at pantomime.
7. Bonanza. I was desperately in love with Little Joe (are you sensing a recurring pattern here???) but Adam was also tremendously cool, and Hoss had his own kind of charm. I probably would have taken any one of the three Cartwright boys if they'd asked.
8. The Virginian. I'm adding this one only because I can explain that I loved this show right up until Dan Duryea (?) ignored my fan letter and did not send me an autographed picture of himself. I'm not one to hold a grudge, but you'll notice old Dan's picture isn't here today.
9. Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color. Absolute magic on a Sunday evening. I can still remember shows I saw once as a kid and never saw again, and I'm still a huge Disney fan.
10. The Man from U.N.C.L.E. I was madly in love with Napoleon Solo. He was so suave. So debonair. Illya Kuriyakin wasn't bad, either, actually.
11. Rowan and Martin's Laugh In. Loved to watch it, but always felt slightly scandalous when I did. It was so daring. LOL.
13. The Carol Burnett Show. Had a bit of a crush on Lyle Waggoner, but I just loved Carol and her sense of humor. Still do. I could watch those old reruns today and laugh out loud.
And one more, for good measure -- Alias Smith and Jones which I can't forget about because, well, of course, I was madly in love with Kid Curry because I was dating a guy who looked a lot like Ben Murphy, and his best friend who, coincidentally was dating my best friend because that's just how it works, you know, looked like Pete Duel, who played Hannibal Hayes.