Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Live! From Dallas it's . . . Wednesday Night!

I'm writing this from my hotel room at the Hyatt Regency Reunion in Dallas, where I've been since last Saturday. Because I'm currently serving on the Board of Directors of Romance Writers of America, I spent the weekend in meetings. I'm not going to whine about how long the meetings ran because we had some very important issues to take care of, but I will say that I don't do 3 am as well as I used to. Not nearly as well. Falling Asleep Lunch today was with Presidents of various RWA Chapters, and the Literacy Autographing (450 authors strong, with proceeds going to benefit literacy efforts) is about to wind up any minute. I'm toddling off to make an appearance at the First-Timers Orientation, where those who've never been to an RWA Conference before can get a few tips on how to make it through the weekend. After that, I'm free of "official" obligations for the rest of the evening, so I'm planning to drop by Parrino's Oven for a quick get-together with members from my local RWA chapter, and then, assuming I'm still on my feet, it's off to the annual Superromance Authors chocolate and wine party. I can't wait to see everyone again. We keep in touch online during the year, but nothing beats getting together face-to-face. The Assocation's Annual General Meeting is tomorrow, and after that most of the hard work will be over. Well . . . most of it, anyway. There are a couple of workshops I'm hoping to find time to catch this year, but whether or not I'll actually make it remains to be seen. Not that I'm complaining. I've enjoyed being on the Board, and I've made some great friends in the process. And there are always the recorded sessions of the conference workshops . . . right?

No comments: